To make a strawberry filling for a cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Here’s how to make the filling:
- Combine the diced strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water in a small saucepan.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the strawberries are soft and the filling has thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the filling cool to room temperature.
- Once the filling has cooled, you can use it as a filling for a cake or other baked goods. You can also refrigerate the filling until you are ready to use it.
Note: You can adjust the amount of sugar and cornstarch depending on the sweetness and thickness that you prefer for your filling. You can also add a splash of lemon juice to add a bit of tartness to the filling.
BONUS: Word from Emma!
“As an expert baker, I always recommend using fresh strawberries to make a filling for your cake. The flavor is much more vibrant and the texture is much softer and more moist than using frozen strawberries. Plus, the natural juices in fresh strawberries help to create a more cohesive filling. Just be sure to dice the strawberries small enough so that they don’t create too much bulk in your cake layers.”